Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feature and Follow (7)

 
 
Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.
 
Well, I would have to say Jace from The Mortal Instruments became such a baby/ whiner/ emo in the fourth book that he lost his bad boy, sarcastic appeal to me. That sucks because he really was the dreamiest....
 
Source
 

I didn't fall in love with Lena from Delirium but she did disappoint me. It was just so hard for me to believe that this girl-- who looked down on her friend for breaking rules, who believed her mother died because she wasn't cured, who had so many reasons to want the cure-- could have so easily fallen in love and then rebelled without much of a inner struggle. It was just so out of character for her that I felt disappointed in how easily she changed her mind-- not that her leaving was a bad thing. She just had such strong personal beliefs at the beginning of the novel then she just gave them up. I dunno what I wanted from her though...

 
Please comment/ follow and I will do the same :)