Wednesday, April 11, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday


So this week wasn't so great with my WIP....I wrote about 4,000 words. Nowhere near where I wanted to be. Is it too much of a goal to try to get 20,000 more words written by next week?

Yeah, I thought so....

Maybe 10,000. That seems more obtainable. It's just that I have this "bad" habit of going back to reread things I wrote and edit them a little. I actually went back to an old draft- from like two years ago- and got so caught up in the story I was disappointed when I realized I never finished the scene. If I can entertain myself, I can entertain others, right? We shall see.

On another note, I'm trying to get more into the writing community blogs lately. I'm trying to integrate my writing with my reading, but I'm finding it's a lot harder to find blogs about writing than it was book blogs.

I think I spent 4 out of the 8 hours at work scanning blogs. It just may be time to move on from that job -_- I looked at joining SWCBI or whatever it's called. I'm too lazy to move my finger to go Google the correct acronym. It's probably more important to actually finish my WIP than it would be to try to find people to critique my work or learn how to query. No, it definitely is.

Anyway, I should try to write a little tonight ....