Thursday, April 5, 2012

Feature and Follow (4)


Q: Have you ever bought a book BECAUSE of a bad review?

 

This is a good question. The truth is, and I know it sounds wrong, but I love love love to read a terribly, horribly scathing review. Where the reviewer just rips that book to shreds. Makes the author cry. They include moving GIFS of people vomiting and gagging. The truly nasty reviews I would never dream of writing. 

 

Another truth-- those reviews do absolutely nothing to sway my opinion. If the book sounds interesting, no matter the bad review, I'll most likely read it. Good reviews tend to sway my opinion into getting a book more than bad reviews into not getting it. If I'm on the fence, a review saying how awesome a book was makes me more likely to get it. On the flip, a bad review will not sway me either way, it will more depend on how much I wanted to get the book in the first place. I can't think of any book specifically though.

 

Make sense?

 

Oh a side note, don't you feel like bad reviews are on the top of the comments on a book's Goodreads page because they get the most attention? I guess that's why I always read them.

 

Please feel free to comment and follow and I shall do the same!