Monday, June 4, 2012

BEA Introduction

So I only got into book blogging 6 months ago. That is no where near enough time for me to start feeling comfortable going to a conference especially one like BEA in NYC, so I thought I would start out small like Armchair BEA and see how it goes for next year.
Here's my Introduction: 

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

Hi! My name is Markella. I'm 23 years old and a new resident of Maryland as of two weeks ago! I used to live in NYC and have a full-time job in psychology but then I decided to move and now have no job and I am trying to concentrate on writing a novel I've been working on for Oh maybe five years or so....That's sad. Very sad. Anyway I decided to just go for it! Forget paying bills or having a job! Ha! Too scared to look at my bank account at the moment so I decided to write this post instead :)

Anyway, like I mentioned, I've been blogging for 6 months after finding an author's blog then, through comments on it, book blogs. I thought, hey I like to read! And no one ever wants to hear me talk about it, so why not have a blog where I get to talk about it all I want! Thus, here I am.

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I just finished reading Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan for my first ever Book Tour. My favorite book that I read on 2012 was for sure Howl's Moving Castle! I know it didn't come out this year but I enjoyed it a lot and would recommend it to anyone!

3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

Well it's related and it's not. I love fantasy and paranormal books but I really love all sorts of supernatural t.v. shows. My favorite is Supernatural on the CW. Why? Three words:

Jensen Ackles. Drool.


I may be a little obsessed with him. Don't tell my boyfriend... or his wife lol
 

4. Where do you see your blog in five years?

Still going, I hope! I see my reading choices chance a bit so maybe a little less Young Adult. And hopefully I'll be writing a lot more about my own novel...that I should be writing right now but am not...if it ever gets finished :)


5. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

Does it have to be real? If not, I would definitely say Hogwarts. I don't even need to explain that. I went to the one at Universal. It was awesome!


Can wait to read other people's posts! Just started a Twitter account and am still trying to figure it out, so I'm trying to keep up that way too. It's HardCoverLife.