Thursday, July 5, 2012

Feature and Follow (13)

A meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read to connect book bloggers!

Question: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place. 

Even though it's kind of like books I usually read as in I found it in the Young Adult section, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is different than any other book I've ever read. 
Although I like science fiction a la "Across the Universe," I usually don't read something so much more on the science than the fiction. I also don't usually read books with MC that are so young with no possibility of a romance.



So here's how I picked it up: I was in Barnes and Noble picking out books that I could read on my ferry ride into NYC when I was taking a Phlebotomy (blood taking) course. It took me a ferry ride and a subway train to get there so I wanted something small and no embarrassing covers. I picked out Ender's Game on a whim. I read through it one weekend traveling between classes.

What can I say about it? I loved it, I really did. It was a thinker and, of course, Ender "boy genius" was a fascinating MC. I haven't picked up the other books in the series but I might one day. Sometimes it's just nice to get a break from the angtsy teenagers most books I read are about. 

Stepping out of my normal reading usually makes me love the books I do read all that much more.

How about you? Comment/ follow and I'll comment/follow back!