Thursday, July 5, 2012

Author News: Dystopian by Kendall and Kylie Jenner



Popping by Simon and Schuster today, I was looking at their publishing news and found this interesting tidbit that makes me both sad for hard-working aspiring authors such as myself and, contrastingly, immensely curious about how this will turn out.

Here's a part of the announcement:

Karen Hunter Publishing / Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, will publish a young adult novel by Kendall and Kylie Jenner, best known as the younger sisters on E!’s hit reality show, Keeping Up with The Kardashians, it was announced today by Louise Burke, Executive Vice President and Publisher of Gallery Books.

That's right! You heard it here first folks (maybe), that next TBR book to go on your pile might be from 14 and 16 year old sisters of Kim Kardashian. I guess Simon and Schuster think that these two have enough of a following that people will read anything they write. Honestly, I've never bought a celebrity written book because I always figured they didn't get that deal based on talent so the book must be...how to put this nicely... not worth reading. (I'm looking at you Hilary Duff)


Kendall on the Left, Kylie on the Right

 So what's Kendall and Kylie's about?

The currently untitled book will be a dystopian novel that takes place in a world none of us have ever
seen and will follow two sisters on a journey filled with terror, mystery, drama and love.

I just love that. I really laughed when I read "a world none of us have ever seen." Thanks for making sure to tell us it's going to be original. Thank God! I was so worried!

Anyway, it will probably take place in Beverly Hills since most people haven't been there. It's also funny that these rich, skinny, famous white girls are writing about a world in chaos. Oh and they're also aspiring models. They're really going to have to use their imaginations. Maybe it will be about a world without VIP sections or poor people take over their mansion....Is my bitterness showing?

Anyway, here's what they said about writing a book:

Kendall Jenner said, “Kylie and I love the creative challenge and are thrilled to have been given the
opportunity to share this story.”

Kylie Jenner said, “We can’t wait to share these characters and the world we created with readers
everywhere. We are so excited!”

Karen Hunter, Publisher of Karen Hunter Publishing, said: “This book will be a surprising departure for
Kendall and Kylie, but one I think readers will enjoy. I’m delighted to be working with Kendall and Kylie
on this project.”

If you want to catch this book, it's set to publish in Summer 2013. I am really curious about how this duo will do. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised but I kind of hope not....


What do you think about this?

All information taken from http://www.simonandschuster.biz/press_releases.