Friday, March 16, 2012

Feature and Follow (2)


Q: What is the best book you've read in the last month? What is the worst book you've read in the last month?

 

The best book I've read this month would probably have to be Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I really liked it because of the romance and such but especially since it coincided with the documentary "What the Bleep Do We Know" that I just watched.  The documentary talks about the connection between psychology, love and naturally occurring chemicals in the brain (i.e. hormones and the like). Basically it says without the chemicals in your brain making it so you get some kind of chemical reaction from another person that gives you feelings that you like, you wouldn't love that person; so chemicals in the brain make you fall in love and want to be around someone but when you don't get the same reaction anymore, you fall out of love. It relates to Delirium because you can see how scientists would figure out how to stop these "chemical reactions" in order to stop the feelings of love. I LOVE IT (Oh No! I'm getting a chemical reaction right now!) when something I read, especially a dystopian novel, can be backed up by something else making it really feel like it could happen. Pretty scary....


 

The worst book I read in the last month was Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon. It was just predictable and played out. I was very disappointed in it.

 

 

So feel free to say hi, leave a comment, and/or link back to your post. Also, please add me. I shall do all the same for you!